A stunning mix of traditional meadow flowers specially selected for Bees and Butterflies.
For best results, clear a patch of ground or window-box and simply sprinkle the seeds onto the soil then rake gently. Water if required. These seeds will cope on most soil types but prefer poorer soils in full sun. For best results, sow the seeds between Mid-March and Mid-May for flowering the same summer (or Mid-August to Mid-October for the following year).
Each packet contains enough seeds for approx. 1m2 of ground. Once established it should come back year after year and give a colourful show from May all the way through to September. You can plant the seeds where there is some grass – just make sure that is at least 50 % bare soil before sowing.
Our seed mix has been chosen to be especially attractive to bees and butterflies. It contains 12 Wildflower species: 3 annuals (Field Borage, Poppy & Cornflowers) and 9 perennials. You should see Borage, Poppies and Cornflower in the first year. Then the other species including ox eye daisy should appear for year 2.
Please do not eat these seeds -the plants are intended to be foraged by bees rather than eaten by humans!
Our seed mix contains:
- Borage (Borago officinalis)
- Corn Poppy (Papaver rhoeas)
- Corn Flower (Centaurea cyanus)
- Mush Mallow (Malva moschata)
- Ox Eye Daisy (Leucanthemum vulgare)
- Red Campion (Silene dioica)
- Wild Red Clover (Trifolium pratense)
- Ribwort Plantain (Plantago lanceolata)
- Salad Burnet (Sanguisorba minor)
- Self Heal (Prunella vulgaris)
- White Campion (Silene alba)
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium)
(Please note: we cannot guarantee that all of these seeds will be in each packet, but we’ll do our best!)