Skincare consists of three different types of moisturisers – each with an important role to play:
- Humectants -Draw water into the skin to keep it hydrated
- Emollients – Smooth the skin by filling in the gaps between the cells
- Occlusives – Seal water in by forming a protective layer on top of the skin
A well-balanced skincare routine should, ideally, contain humectants, emollients and occlusives.
Our nourishing Anti-Ageing Face Balm contains all of these – no need for a range of fancy ‘lotions and potions’ – this little pot contains all you need! (For more info, see our article Totally Natural Skincare.)
Most skincare products are actually made of up to 80% water which isn’t really adding any value to you, indeed the chemicals added to mix the water with the oil and stop the bacteria growing in the water will disrupt your natural skin flora, leaving your skin exposed to UV, environmental pollutants and other damage.
We don’t add any water to our facial products just pure natural humectants, emollients and occlusives to give your skin all the nourishment and plumpness it needs!
Packed full of natural emollients, occlusives and humectants, to smooth the skin and diminish the appearance of fine wrinkles with botanicals to add nature’s magic so you can truly love the skin you’re in :
- Wildcrafted Beeswax – with its propolis and honey intact is a natural occlusive which allows the skin to breathe and humectant (works in a similar way to the synthetic hyaluronic acid), drawing water into the skin throughout the day, keeping it plump and refreshed throughout the night or day.
- Natural Olive Squalene – a wonderful emollient which sinks into the skin quickly to plump it up and make it feel soft and smooth. It is believed to slow down water loss from the skin, boosting skin’s moisture and making the complexion look more radiant and nourished
- Sustainably sourced Argan Oil – the King of Oils and a lush emollient! Many studies indicate argon oil to be effective at reducing signs of ageing
- Organic Shea Butter – a beautiful emollient and occlusive to protect the skin with anti-inflammatory and healing properties
How To Use:
After cleansing, simply massage a small pea-size of Face Balm into your skin.
If you prefer a lighter ‘cream’, simply spritz one or two sprays of our Pure Organic Rosewater onto the face then, whilst skin is still damp, apply a small amount of Neve’s Bees Face Balm.
This is the full list of ingredients:
- Pure Olive Squalene Oil – Olea Europa
- Organic Safflower Oil – Carthamus Tinctorius
- Organic Sunflower Oil – Helianthus annus
- Pure Argan Oil – Argania spinosa
- Wildcrafted Beeswax – Cera Alba
- Organic Jojoba Oil – Chinensis sinensis
- Organic Shea Butter – Butyrospermum parkii
- Natural Vitamin E Oil – Triticum vulgare
- Grapefruit Essential Oil – Citrus paradisi
- Bergamot Essential Oil (FC Free) – Citrus aurantium bergamia FCF
- Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil – Cedrus atlantica
- The Essential Oils naturally contain: Citral, Limonene, Linalool
Plus, we donate 10% of our profits to wildlife causes to help bring back our wildflower meadows and the bees and other pollinators they support.