Skincare consists of three different types of moisturisers – each with an important role to play:
- Humectants -Draw water into the skin to keep it hydrated
- Emollients – Smooth the skin by filling in the gaps between the cells
- Occlusives – Seal water in by forming a protective layer on top of the skin
A good balanced skincare routine should, ideally, contain humectants, emollients and occlusives.
Our nourishing Anti-Aging Night Balm contains all of these! (For more info, see our article Why use Natural Skincare?)
Most skincare products are actually made of up to 80% water which isn’t really adding any value to you, indeed the chemicals added to mix the water with the oil and stop the bacteria growing in the water will disrupt your natural skin flora, leaving your skin exposed to UV, environmental pollutants and other damage.
We don’t add any water to our facial products just pure natural humectants, emollients and occlusives to give your skin all the nourishment and plumpness it needs!
Packed full with natural emollients, occlusives and humectants, to smooth the skin and diminish the appearance of fine wrinkles with botanicals to add nature’s magic so you can truly love the skin you’re in :
- Wildcrafted Beeswax – with its propolis and honey intact is a natural occlusive which allows the skin to breathe and humectant (works in a similar way to the synthetic hyaluronic acid), drawing water into the skin throughout the day, keeping it plump and refreshed throughout the night or day.
- Natural Olive Squalene – a wonderful emollient which sinks into the skin quickly to plump it up and make it feel soft and smooth. It is believed to slow down water loss from the skin, boosting skin’s moisture and making the complexion look more radiant and nourished
- Sustainably sourced Argan Oil – the King of Oils and a lush emollient! Many studies indicate argon oil to be effective at reducing signs of aging
- Organic Shea Butter – a beautiful emollient and occlusive to protect the skin with anti-inflammatory and healing properties
How To Use:
After cleansing, simply massage a small pea-size of Night Balm into your face.
If you prefer a lighter ‘cream’ , simply spritz one or two sprays of our Pure Organic Rosewater on to the face then, whilst skin is still damp, apply a small amount of Neve’s Bees Night Balm.
- Wildcrafted Beeswax – with its propolis and honey, our wildcrafted beeswax is an excellent humectant, helping to keep skin moisturised and nourished throughout the day
- Olive Squalene – to boost skin’s moisture, helping your completion look radiant and nourished
- Organic Safflower Oil – absorbs easily leaving a smooth, silky feel on the skin and is highly moisturizing. Its high linoleic acid content and zero comedogenic rating makes it a perfect oil.
- Organic Sunflower Oil – high in linoleic acid and rich in Vitamin A, D & E, hydrating, protecting and nourishing sunflower seed oil has been shown to preserve skin integrity and improve hydration
- Sustainably sourced Argan Oil – the King of Oils! Many studies indicate argon oil to be effective at reducing signs of aging
- Organic Jojoba Oil – as close as possible to skin’s natural sebum, jojoba is an excellent moisturiser
- Organic Shea Butter – soothing and moisturising, shea butter can also help in healing any blemishes on the skin
- Natural Vitamin E – another powerful antioxidant that is considered to be effective at reducing UV damage in skin and keeps the balm fresh.
- Pure Frankincense Essential Oil – to help lift the skin and reduce the appearance of pores
- Pure Rose Absolute – for even skin tone
- Pure Lavender Essential Oil – calming and soothing and fab for sore skin
- Organic Vanilla Infusion in Sunflower Oil – to help plump the skin.
We donate 10% of our profits to local wildlife charities such as BBOWT (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire Wildlife Trust) and Eynsham Nature Recovery Network to help preserve our wildlife and beautiful countryside for generations to come.