Skincare consists of three different types of moisturisers – each with an important role to play:
- Humectants -Draw water into the skin to keep it hydrated
- Emollients – Smooth the skin by filling in the gaps between the cells
- Occlusives – Seal water in by forming a protective layer on top of the skin
A good balanced skincare routine should, ideally, contain humectants, emollients and occlusives.
Our nourishing Anti-Aging Night Balm contains all of these! (For more info, see our article Why use Natural Skincare?)
Most skincare products are actually made of up to 80% water which isn’t really adding any value to you, indeed the chemicals added to mix the water with the oil and stop the bacteria growing in the water will disrupt your natural skin flora, leaving your skin exposed to UV, environmental pollutants and other damage.
We don’t add any water to our facial products just pure natural humectants, emollients and occlusives to give your skin all the nourishment and plumpness it needs!
Packed full with natural emollients, occlusives and humectants, to smooth the skin and diminish the appearance of fine wrinkles with botanicals to add nature’s magic so you can truly love the skin you’re in :
- Wildcrafted Beeswax – with its propolis and honey intact is a natural occlusive which allows the skin to breathe and humectant (works in a similar way to the synthetic hyaluronic acid), drawing water into the skin throughout the day, keeping it plump and refreshed throughout the night or day.
- Natural Olive Squalene – a wonderful emollient which sinks into the skin quickly to plump it up and make it feel soft and smooth. It is believed to slow down water loss from the skin, boosting skin’s moisture and making the complexion look more radiant and nourished
- Sustainably sourced Argan Oil – the King of Oils and a lush emollient! Many studies indicate argon oil to be effective at reducing signs of aging
- Organic Shea Butter – a beautiful emollient and occlusive to protect the skin with anti-inflammatory and healing properties
How To Use:
After cleansing, simply massage a small pea-size of Night Balm into your face.
If you prefer a lighter ‘cream’ , simply spritz one or two sprays of our Pure Organic Rosewater on to the face then, whilst skin is still damp, apply a small amount of Neve’s Bees Night Balm.